Essential Information for Farmers, Growers and Employers about the Seasonal Worker Programme
As a not-for-profit, community–based organisation, speediestaffsolutions takes pride in providing a high-quality service, both for Australian farmers and for the Pacific Workers that we employ for the Programme. We work with the Australian Federal Government and the Provider countries to do all of the background work to source suitable workers. We make it easy for you by taking care of everything, from the administrative arrangements to the pastoral care, for all our workers throughout their stay.
What speediestaffsolutions does for you
- We advertise the positions within Australia to demonstrate the unmet demand for reliable seasonal workers to the Federal Government.
- We recruit workers specific to your personal and individual business needs from our pool of workers in one of the ten provider countries.
- We arrange for the Visas, compulsory health cover, return flights from the provider country to Australia, accommodation of a suitable standard, and transport to and from work for each worker.
- We assist the workers to apply for an Australian Tax File Number and arrange access to personal banking.
- We provide comprehensive briefings to all workers, both before they leave their homeland and again on arrival in Australia. The briefings cover details about working and living in Australia and involve partner country Government Officials, Australian Government Officials, and our own representatives.
- We assist the workers with initial living expenses on arrival and recoup these costs from workers over the period of their stay.
- We pay the seasonal workers in accordance with the relevant award or industrial instrument, and manage all superannuation, tax, and work cover obligations.
- We provide support and pastoral care for all workers, including a 24/7 phone contact and assist workers to access healthcare services as well as recreational and religious activities
- We provide all required reports to the Australian Federal Government and ensure workers are not in breach of their Visas by arranging their return home travel.
Will seasonal workers be able to return in following seasons?
You benefit from a reliable returning workforce and the workers get the chance to benefit from increased remuneration as well as skills and knowledge transfer.
Speediestaffsolutions currently operate the Programme with 90% return rate. The vast majority operate on a 6 monthly rotation with some workers on their 7th rotation to Australia with the same Employer. The efficiency and continuity for production processes is just one of the benefits reported by our Employers.
Is the Seasonal Worker Programme for you?
- a minimum of 14 weeks work and up to a maximum of 6 months
- an average of at least 30 hours work per week per worker over the employment period
- induction and initial training as required
- a safe working environment for the workers
- accurate, up-to-date timesheets on a weekly basis
- guarantee payment of our invoices within 7 days
Seasonal workers can be recruited from the following participating countries:
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
- Republic of Kiribati
- Republic of Nauru
- Independent State of Papua New Guinea
- Independent State of Samoa
- Solomon Islands
- Kingdom of Tonga
- Republic of Vanuatu
104 Beardy Street, Armidale NSW 2350
Mobile: 0427 725 787
Phone: 02 6776 0105
Carl de Wiljes
Far North Queensland
56 Rankin Street, Innisfail QLD 4870
Phone: 07 4061 7149
Moblie: 0472 809 150